Department 5 - Swine
This years fair theme for the livestock departments is going to be "Team up at the fair", we hope to see some really neat stall decorations around the grounds. Prizes will be awarded
Swine Barn Team : Wrestling
Department 5 Swine
Open/Junior Show Swine
Friday, August 11, 2023 - 8:00 a.m.
Superintendents: Marty Heyler 814-367-5738.
ANIMALS MAY ONLY UNLOAD & CHECK IN
Sunday Aug. 6th
1:00 P.M. — 6:00 P.M.
Department 5 and 10.5
RULES & REGULATIONS
(Refer to General & Health Rules)
1. All 4-H/FFA and Open Entry Blanks must be postmarked/due on or before July 24, 2023
Mail to: Marty Heyler, 626 E. Main St. Westfield, PA 16950
or Entries will be accepted Online on or before July 24, 2023 via Fair Entry link: https://www.fairentry.com/Fair/SignIn/16672
2. An entry fee of $3.00 per animal must accompany the entry blank. ALL animals to be shown in open classes must be entered and pay the entry fee. No entry fee will be charged for 4-H and FFA classes. (Dept. 10)
3. Exhibitors must have all animals listed for competition on the grounds no later than 3:00 p.m., Monday, August 7, 2023. All such animals shall remain on the premises until 8:00 p.m., Saturday, August 12, 2023.
4. All animals must be free of infectious and contagious diseases and a statement of this (preprinted on the CVI—requires veterinarian’s signature) is required on the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI). Animals appearing unhealthy upon arrival may not enter the exhibition grounds. A Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) issued after July 24, 2023 is required All swine exhibited must be accompanied by an official certificate of health signed by a licensed veterinarian indicating he has inspected the flock of which the animals are a part and found them free from Scabies and other transmissible diseases.
5. NO FEEDER SWINE AT 2023 FAIR PA. DEPT. OF AG. REGULATIONS TO CONTROL AFRICAN SWINE FEVER
6. Market hogs must weigh at least 200 pounds and not over 300 pounds. Hogs not making weight will return to farm. (Class weights to be announced at discretion of Fair Committee)
7. All swine on fairgrounds must go to slaughter, they may not return to farm of origin! Regulations of Pennsylvania Dept. of Agriculture Department
10.5 Swine Additional Rules and Regulations
1. 4-H members must have passed their eighth birthday but not have passed their nineteenth birthday by January 1st of the current year.
2. Exhibitors must be 4-H members, carrying a project in the field in which they wish to make entry.
3. All 4-H members must be a member in good standing in the Tioga County 4-H program.
4. 4-H Project and Record Books must be up to date and must be judged at the 4-H building Agricultural Education Program
5. Students enrolled in an accepted agricultural education school curriculum must be conducting a SAE (Supervised Agricultural Education) Project in which they wish to make entry.
6. Students enrolled in Home Economics in a comprehensive high school are considered as qualifying. 7. All entries shall be approved prior to the fair by their Agricultural Education teacher and or FFA Chapter Advisor.
8. 4-H and FFA members must be present and have charge of their animals at the time of judging, weighing and sale.
9. Swine shown in Market Classes cannot be shown in Breeding Classes and vice-versa.
10.Market hogs must weigh at least 200 pounds and not over 300 pounds to sell in the Junior Livestock Sale. (Over 300 lb. hogs are not eligible for the Livestock Sale.)
11.All Market Exhibitors MUST Have a Current “Meat Quality Assurance Certificate”
12.No exhibitor may enter more than two market animals.
13.Market animals will be weighed on the same set of scales by a weighmaster appointed by the Tioga County Fair Board.
14.Market Swine are born after Feb. 1 of the current year.
1. Skills will be recognized by designating “Master Showmen” in each class. Exhibitors who demonstrate extraordinary skills in fitting and showmanship will be selected by a separate showmanship judge during the type show. The exhibitor number will be recorded, and the exhibitor will receive special recognition. Exhibitors are eligible for one award.
All 4-H/FFA Entries must be submitted to EACH Open Barn Chairperson by postmarked/due on or before July 24, 2023