Department 1 - Horses
This years fair theme for the livestock departments is going to be "Team up at the fair", We hope to see some really neat stall decorations around the grounds. Prizes will be awarded.
Horse Barn Team : Golf
Department 1 – Horse
Open Horse Show
Sunday, August 6, 2023 9:00am
Registration and ring close at 8:30
(All registration money goes towards Horse Barn Fund)
Tuesday, August 8, 2023 3:00pm
Registration and ring close at 2:30
Superintendent: Courtney Smith 570-439-2240
RULES & REGULATIONS (General & Health Rules Apply)
Rules and Regulations
1. Entry blanks and money needs to be sent to:
Courtney Smith 1067 Brick Church Rd. Liberty, PA. 16930
or Tioga County Fair Grounds 2258 Charleston Rd Wellsboro, PA 16901. Sign ups are allowed the day of the show. Registration will close at 8:30am on Sunday.
2. No entries will be accepted after this date. Please use Horse Entry Blanks obtainable HERE or Tioga County Fairbook.
3. Entries may be made online at:
4. The horse show is open to all. Age as of January 1st of current year
5. Entry Fees: $15 per horse/rider combination
6.All horses must be accompanied by Certificate of Veterinary Inspection as required below in Rules 3 & 4 issued after May 1, 2022. (No other form of proof will be accepted.)
7.Current (within 1 year) Rabies vaccination given by a Licensed veterinarian before July 24, 2023.
8. Current (within 1 year) proof of Negative EIA– Coggins test report.
9. Out of state horses must have Interstate Certificate of Veterinary Inspection satisfying requirements from state of origin.
10. Refer to Rules in the front of the fair book or on our fair web page under Health Rules and Regulations for further details. Stallions will not be permitted to show.
11. Warmups will be given before the show starts, after in-hand classes, and before trail classes. There will be a lunch break announced the day of the show. Gaits above a trot are not permitted outside of the show ring. Ring closes at 8:30 am on Sunday and 2:30 pm on Thursday.
12. Riders may ride more than one horse- separate registration fee paid per horse.
13. The same horse may be ridden by different riders- separate registration fee paid per rider.
14.Show committee has the right to combine and remove classes as needed.
15. All exhibitors 18 years of age or younger are required to wear properly fitted protective headgear passing or surpassing cur-rent applicable ASTM (American Society for Testing Materials) / SEI (Safety Equipment Institute) standards with harness secured while riding or driving anywhere on the event grounds. This applies to all exhibitors 18 years of age or younger, including all 4-H members regardless of age.
16.Proper show apparel is required. Chaps are not required for western classes.
17. Riders may be excused for excessive whipping or batting.
18.Riders showing poor sportsmanship may be dismissed by the horse show committee and fees forfeited.
19. Judge(s) decision is final. Judge(s) may not be approached by exhibitors. Complaints will be brought to announcer first
20.The Horse Chairman and Fair Committee have the right to dismiss any horse deemed unfit to show.
21. All trailers must park in the parking lot and may not park around the horse ring inside of the fair grounds.
22. Ride at your own risk! The Tioga County Fair is not responsible for loss or damage to any personal belongings.
23. Checks will be mailed after the close of the fair. If Registration fees are not paid no premium checks will be mailed.
24.There are no stalls available for this show.
25.Due to space restrictions: Only 4-H Members may stall at the horse barn as pre-arranged with the barn chairman.
26. All horses are the responsibility of their owner, and all stalls must be stripped and approved by the barn chairman. Any stall left unclean may have their premium check held. (Stalls for 4-H/FFA only.)
Click HERE for Horse Department Classes and Premiums List